- Time: 11:00 to 13:00
- Location: Business School Maurice Keyworth SR (G.31)
ENHANCING the international and educational experience of all students and supporting staff as they adapt their practice to a growing international campus is the focus of a new LITE network and launch.
The Internationalising Student Education Network (ISEN) launch event will showcase an expert panel including the Deputy Vice Chancellor: International, Professor Hai-Sui Yu and the network leads Bee Bond, Melissa Schuessler, Nina Wardleworth, Rachael O’Connor, Maria Hussain and Yolanda Cerda.
This network aims to enhance the international, educational experience of all students and to provide support to staff as they work to adapt their student education practice to an increasingly internationalised campus working under the premise that there are no single, or simple answers.
It also aims to create a space for sharing questions and ideas around the complex relationships created by a diverse, intercultural campus.
The event to launch the network will offer the chance to bring together the University’s International Strategy with student education and will include:
- An overview by Professor Yu of the University’s international activity – past, present and future;
- The vision for the network – with a call for members to suggest areas of activity;
- Project updates of ongoing work in the area and the increasing need for dialogue and the sharing of good practice; and,
- A panel session allowing the audience to ask questions to the expert panel.
This network is part of a growing number of LITE networks focused on innovative practice and pedagogical research.
If you would like to join the network and would like to attend the event please complete the online form.
If you would like to join the network and be informed of future events and activity but are unable to attend the event please sign up to the network here.