Do you have an idea that could help improve the University and the experience of other students?
Apply for both funding and support and turn your idea into a reality.
Our Student Ideas Fund is an exciting new collaboration between the University, Leeds University Union and you – our students.
Partnership is core to our University mission and we want to build, support and deliver the student experience together.
What is it?
This is a grant scheme that allows you to apply for up to £5000* to help you bring your idea to life.
We are looking for strong, ambitious and innovative ideas – and we will provide the required help and support to bring these to a delivery stage, and beyond, if bids are successful.
LUU clubs, societies and Student Representatives are among those encouraged to apply, as are individuals or groups. Your idea may require some research or development, or your project/activity may be ready to go.
The types of ideas that we are looking to fund through the scheme include, but aren’t limited to:
- bringing students together and creating a sense of community. This can be academically, socially or around a community of interest;
- delivering outreach or community programmes within or outside of the University, in new or innovative ways;
- organising a research project in an area relating to your student experience;
- creating or delivering an event to enrich the student experience;
- developing skills and knowledge through training which can be shared with others;
- projects that might help build a positive culture and sense of belonging for you and other students; and,
- ideas that build understanding and evidence of student needs.
To apply, submit your application either in text format or as a video outlining your idea, timescale, impact and costs.
What happens after you apply?
Our Ideas Fund Panel will meet throughout the year to review submissions.
Once your submission is approved, our Ideas Fund team will contact you to discuss next steps.
We will bring students together to share ideas and discuss your projects and identify any additional support you may require.
This could include making contact with people who can help turn your idea into a reality, such as members of our alumni, or other students and staff.
Once you have completed your project, you’ll need to submit a brief report to share the impact/findings of your work – our team will discuss this with you and support you with this.
Want to find out more?
You can get in touch with our Ideas Fund team with any questions by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For ideas that will impact positively on the experience for many students, we will consider funding applications in excess of £5000.