A FUNDING pot to help staff attend, learn and impact at the best education conferences in the world has been set up by the Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence (LITE).
Any University of Leeds staff involved in student education can bid for the Conference Fund to help contribute towards the cost of travelling to and presenting at conferences which support the aims of the Institute.
Available funding, which can be for both generic or disciplinary conferences, is up to £400 towards conference fees, travel and expenses within Europe; and up to £600 towards conference fees, travel and expenses outside Europe.
It is important that colleagues at Leeds are able to contribute to and learn from the best education conferences wherever they are in the world.
“We are pleased to be able to offer funding to help towards expenses related to attendance.”
- You must be contributing to the conference eg via a paper, workshop or poster.
- You should reference LITE and include a slide about the Institute in any presentation (this will be provided if funding is confirmed).
- You should complete the LITE Conference Report Form (that you will be provided with) and return it to LITE within two weeks of the end of the conference.
- You should provide LITE with a copy of all presentations / papers given.
- You should contribute to a LITE event or via digital content (eg. a blog) if requested to do so.
LITE will aim to give successful bidders a decision on their application within five working days.