- Date: Wednesday 28 November 2018
- Time: 13:00 to 14:30
- Venue: Room 1.01 Charles Thackrah Building, University of Leeds
AN EVENT to explain and discuss everything about the Discovery and Broadening programme at the University of Leeds has been organised by the Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence (LITE).
A panel of current Discovery Theme leaders will be on hand to give staff an overview and field questions at the Discover Discovery event.
The session will include:
- An overview of Broadening and the Leeds Curriculum
- What are the Discovery Themes
- A showcase of Discovery Modules – ‘designed for Discovery’, digital and cross-faculty
- The student experience of Discovery
- Open discussion/Q&A with Theme Leaders
If you’ve ever wondered how you can engage with one of the ten Discovery themes, thought about developing or leading a Discovery module or are simply interested in finding out more then this is the perfect event for you.
“It’s also worth mentioning there is still time to apply for one of three exciting roles as a Discovery Theme leader, so anyone interested but wanting to learn more about how it all works would be more than welcome.”
LITE recently advertised it is seeking three new Discovery Theme Leaders to start in the new year in Media, Culture and Creativity, Ethics, Religion and Law and Power and Conflict. Applications close on November 29.
For those interested in attending this Discovering Discovery event, please contact Rekha Parmar at email@example.com to help plan catering.